A view of the 2nd green surrounded by water at Cobblestone Park Golf Club

Formerly known as the University Club, Cobblestone Park Golf Course may have changed names but it still offers one of the best courses in the Midlands. There are a total of 27 holes, which are divided into three distinct nines. The holes stretch across more than 240 acres of rolling hills. The Black nine is the longest of the three and naturally the most challenging as well. A variety of elevation changes come into play, ranging from subtle to dramatic. The golf course even features some of the highest points in Richland County, providing scenic views throughout your round. There are strategically placed bunkers lurking throughout and mature oaks and pines lining the fairways but the challenges are balanced by wide landing areas that are nice and inviting.

Cobblestone Park Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Architect P. B. Dye (1995) CE Golf Design

Clubs No

Single Allowed No
Walking Allowed Yes. For members only.
Dress code No blue jeans, cut off shorts/collarless shirts. Gentlemen are asked to keep all shirts tucked in at all times.

Tennis

Great experience

Great course layout & friendly vibe & beautiful environment! Being mid February, the dormant areas were fairly matted down, but the greens were fantastic! Would love to play during summer conditions for an even better experience.

Didn't play

I didn't play golf on 1/11/2024, because I was sick.

Commented on 11/07/2023

Hi, jttgolf85. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course!

Great track

Lots of variety on the course. Challenging elevated greens. Great staff!

Commented on 10/23/2023

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Commented on 10/23/2023

Thank you the 5-Star Rating! We look forward to having you back soon at Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course

Very nice course! Layout is awesome. Greens were in great shape but will be even better in a few more weeks once they fill in a little more from being punched.

Commented on 08/28/2023

David7869801, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Good Course

Course was in very well kept shape, greens have already been aeriated for the summer so that is nice a little bumpy from players not fixing their divots but in good shape. Only thing i wasn't pleased with was the bunker conditions they were atrocious. Played in the middle of the day so it was smoking hot but there was no one out there.

Commented on 07/26/2023

bradgolf1997, thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Pack your patience, otherwise it's an amazing course

Let me preface this by saying that I have played Cobblestone Park at least 30 different times over the last 15 years. I have played there and literally been the only person on the course aside from the staff. I've played there when there's groups of 6 people ahead and behind me. I've seen it all.

I personally think it's the best conditioned and best designed layout in Columbia. It is worth the extra to pay for the conditions that the course can be played under. Out of 18 greens (Garnet/Black) - only one had a dead patch and the rest were phenomenal. They had been recently punched, so they were a little more bumpy than I am used to.

Packing your patience as a single player is important because sometimes you'll get sandwhiched between a group of 6, or a two some like I was. I hadn't played in a year and was getting back used to playing so I didn't want to slow either group down by joining them.

My only recommendation would be if there are going to be bigger groups that they consider sending groups off of the Black nine and the Garnet nine at the same time. The Gold nine was not open which is my preferred nine there. I WISH they had 36 holes.

Commented on 07/12/2023

Thank you for taking the time to share your extensive experience and positive feedback about Cobblestone Park. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with larger groups, and we appreciate your recommendation regarding sending groups off of different nines simultaneously. We are glad to hear that you enjoy the course and its conditions, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/03/2023

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course!

Commented on 07/12/2023

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course!

Always Enjoyable

Beautiful Day and Course Conditions - never hestitate to drive the hour and half from the Upstate to meet family and friends for an enjoyable round at this course.

Commented on 10/20/2022

JimRobison, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Commented on 09/20/2022

Hi, u2372000. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course!

Commented on 09/20/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u2372000! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course!

Must play!

Just a outstanding course in SC. May be the best in the state!

Commented on 09/06/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, Mark843! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Commented on 09/12/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Domp4u! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course!

Slow Play

The pace of play was extremely slow. No ranger on the course.

Commented on 08/31/2022

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/09/2022

u314163206886, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course.

Commented on 08/12/2022

Hi, Domp4u. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course!

Commented on 08/09/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, Domp4u. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Cobblestone Park Golf Club - Gold Course!

Francis Marion Hotel Stay & Play

CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights’ accommodations at the Francis Marion Hotel and up to 4 rounds of golf at your choice of RiverTowne Golf Course, Charleston National Golf Course, Wild Dunes – Harbor Course, Wild Dunes – Links Course, and Stono Ferry Golf Course.

Wild Dunes Resort Stay & Play Package

CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights’ accommodations at the Wild Dunes Resort and up to 4 rounds of golf at your choice of Wild Dunes – Harbor Course, Wild Dunes – Links Course, RiverTowne Golf Course, and Charleston National Golf Course.

The Villas at Kiawah Island Stay & Play Package

KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 7 nights’ accommodations in a 1 to 4-bedroom unit at The Villas of Kiawah Island and up to 5 rounds of golf on your choice of Kiawah Island - Cougar Point, Kiawah Island - Osprey Point, Kiawah Island - Oak Point, Kiawah Island - Turtle Point, and Kiawah Island - The Ocean Course.

The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Stay & Play Package

KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights’ accommodations at The Sanctuary Hotel and up to 4 rounds of golf on your choice of Kiawah Island - Cougar Point, Kiawah Island - Osprey Point, Kiawah Island - Oak Point, Kiawah Island - Turtle Point, and Kiawah Island - The Ocean Course.

Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort Stay & Play Package

HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 7 nights’ accommodations at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort and up to 5 rounds of golf at your choice of Palmetto Dunes – Robert Trent Jones Course, Palmetto Dunes – Arthur Hills Course, Palmetto Dunes – George Fazio Course, and Hilton Head National Golf Club.