Yocha Dehe Golf Club at Cache Creek Casino

Year Built 2008
Architect Brad Bell (2008)

Carts Yes - included in green fees (with GPS)

Dress code Denim, cut-off shorts, beachwear and jogging pants are not permitted.

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Lounge, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Great Golf Course

Pace of play was slow today but usually it is decent.

Commented on 01/11/2021

Feel free to reach me at any time! 530.796.4653. Looking forward to your round on Tuesday.

Commented on 01/06/2021

I cannot reply to Will Foust, Director of Golf at Yocha Dehe, so I'll do it here:

I've already booked a tee time for this coming Tuesday :)

Dear thierrykoblentz,

Thank you so much for your review! Things have certainly been crazy during the COVID era with business levels 200%+ of what they were just a year ago. That has created more golfers and at times more pace challenges to manage. Although we are certainly doing our best to manage pace through these times. Come see us again soon and we look forward to having you as a continued guest! It is very much appreciated.

Director of Golf

Course is in great shape. Even with the rain we received in the last few days the greens are fast and the fairway are firm. Tee boxes were in great shape, ready for everyone to play.

Dear RodRutledge,

Thanks so much for playing and for the great review! It is also great to hear about the condition of the course. The team has been hard at work!

Have a great day and see you soon!

perfect setting

The Sunday after Christmas, sunny and warm, few people before or after us. Perfect for a father and son outing.

Dear xfyang,

Thanks so much for playing during the holidays! Great to hear that your father son outing went as planned!

Come see us again soon

Wow

Rated as one of the best in California I was not disappointed. So plush. Weather was great. Service was great. Never seen such a perfectly manicured course.

Commented on 12/08/2020

Dear Dbonitus,

Great to hear that your day with us was exceptional! We love what we do and love to see comments like this as a reward!

Have a great day and come see us again soon!

Yocha Dehe didn’t disappoint

I heard how amazing this golf course was and finally got to play it! Course was in great shape and enjoyed the round. Great layout with wide fairways but plenty of trouble if you don’t stay in the fairway or land in the bunkers or a water hazard. Very fair course. Played the white tees which was almost 6500 yards - a bit long since typically white tees are closer to 6000 yards. Will be back!

Commented on 12/08/2020

Dear Jkat1959,

Thanks for playing! It is great to hear about your experience and let us know when you want to come back! We will be happy to assist in booking your tee time.

Have a great day,

California Advisor

Losing Stars

Well, most people give this place 5 stars or write a review from one star to 5. I’m counting down from 5 stars rather than up from one. Minus a star for the ! And not knowing what it means. We called the course to ask, Like greens being sanded or something and they said they had no idea. Well have a clue then because they are sanded and you still charged a premium. No thanks to you for asking your head pro as well while we were on hold waiting for your answer.
Drove two hours to play sanded greens. Thanks so much!

Minus another star for being soggy all over course. We have never played this course at less than a 5 star rating, Fast and firm, or otherwise. It’s gone a bit downhill.

Why so wet? It’s barely rained. Maintaining course this time of year is one thing I get but wow this course got tore up in spots and some
Were not repaired?

I would minus another star for the carts stopping in the middle of the fairways making you go backwards to return to the cart path. But they are nice carts. Problem was the flattest parts of the course were under repair down the middle of the fairway with no signage saying no carts.

I would also minus another star for teeing us off 30 minutes late! And having the last group think it’s ok to join us on the last few holes. It’s Not ok But then it would be a zero star course If I took another away which it is not. But man, Get a clue. Covid times or not, get a clue. It’s not a public course feel but sure felt like it.

Commented on 12/02/2020

Dear bolt65,

I really appreciate you bringing up these concerning issues to us. Please feel free to reach out to myself Will Foust (Director of Golf) to discuss these concerns personally at 530.979.6713. We will make this up to you as clearly your experience was well below our standard.

I'd like to try and address some of these concerns, but by no means make any excuses. I also think a lengthy response is necessary as there is a lot to address.

As it relates to the course conditions, play is about 150% of what it was a year ago and in November it was 200% of what it normally is. Paired with irregular precipitation and now a dry period, it has been a challenging year to not only keep irrigation levels correct, but also keep the levels of salt and contaminants from the irrigation from building up in the soils. Bottom line is with rounds way up and no precipitation, we have certainly had a challenge in 2020. Cart traffic doubling and no precip is hard to overcome. We are also in the process of replacing part of our irrigation mainline in early 2021 which will help us eliminate some of the contaminants in the soil and keep a consistent turf condition throughout the entire golf course. We have had a few days where we are on the wet side, but this is a direct result of the above issues. Course conditions for a public course like ours with the amount of play we've had is still above par. Although with the year we've had, it is a noticeably different par.

As for the sanded greens, the shop should have been able to get a better answer. Moving forward so you know, we do a light topdress every Monday morning to keep the consistency of the greens throughout the week. This has been a practice for several years and apologize that we did not make this apparent.

Regarding the 30 minute delay, there isn't much we can do with that as frost delays are common this time of year. We try our best to communicate ahead of time, but frost is very hard to predict and delay times are almost impossible to predict. We always do our best to get golfers back on time as quick as possible.

We will also address the cart path only holes. I know our starter communicates this to every group and signs are out there every morning when I drive the course, but we may have missed the day you played for some reason. This will be looked at and addressed.

Again we appreciate your time letting us know about your experience. I will be available for a call whenever you'd like to discuss further.

Very Nice Course

Great design in a beautiful valley of rolling hills. I liked the fact the greens were larger, with a variety of options for pin placements. Course was in great shape, fairways cut tight. Clubhouse was classy, well designed.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Dear thevas,

Thank you for your review and for playing our facility! We are looking forward to having you as a guest in the near future. Let us know what we can do to make your next visit a 5 star visit.

Thanks and have a great day!
Will Foust, Director of Golf

Fun day

Course was in great condition. The fairways were great. The greens fast, but would hold approach shots. The only complaint I had was the rough was a little long for my liking. A few tomes it took a while to find golf balls in the rough because it was deep. Also I tend to devolve bad habits hitting out of long rough. I would like to see 2 different rough cuts one much sorter and only the long rough on the very edge.

Commented on 09/02/2020

Thank you for your review, and for your comments! The rough can get a little long this time of year due to trying to balance turf stress and heat with mowing schedules. We will continue to try to perfect this science as we go into the future.

Again, thank you for playing and letting us know about your experience.

Have a great day!

Director of Golf

Carts can leave you stranded

I drove my cart to an area left of the 7th green in an area that I discovered later is out of the geo-fence limits. I couldn’t back it up and had to push it back to a working area. Exhausting! Better signage is needed.

Commented on 09/02/2020

Dear tuckerdgt24,

Thanks so much for your review and letting us know about your experience. We will work with the superintendent to place better signage in that area. We restrict traffic in that area due to blind spots and safety. Certainly something that we can add signage for.

Thanks so much and have a great day!

Go for it !

For the price and the location sometimes make you want to stay away but this course make it worthwhile, because when you are there not things mattered, you and the sticks
The service and atmosphere are great
Thanks guys

Commented on 08/05/2020

Dear u7326787,

Great to hear that you enjoyed the experience! If there is anything we can ever improve on, feel free to reach out and we will be happy to assist.

Great all-around experience

Yocha Dehe never disappoints. The course, facilities, staff, and amenities are all top notch. I always enjoy my visit to play.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Dear patkilmer,

Thanks for your review and for your continued support! As always, we appreciate your business and feedback!

Woodland, California