Yocha Dehe Golf Club at Cache Creek Casino

Year Built 2008
Architect Brad Bell (2008)

Carts Yes - included in green fees (with GPS)

Dress code Denim, cut-off shorts, beachwear and jogging pants are not permitted.

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Lounge, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Walk do not ride a golf cart

My first time in this facility golf course and probably the last I’m not allowed to play here any more because after two wild turkeys across in front of me the road path and with my intention to not killed them I damaged the golf car on the wheels after that I walked to the club house for help and in the beginning after I expended what happen they replaced with other car and they sew do not worry about continuing to play that is happened all the time so I continue to play after a short time they came back and they asked to follow then to the club house for a reporter to the manager so at the club house it was not a manager but a security office asking for what happened and wrote a report the situation is being to get more. Interesting after his asked for my DL to cover the cost of the golf cart and speck with the manager so we walked to the club house and it was not the manager but a worker without any idea of what happened so the situation was not appropriate and after the security office explained what caused the accident my surprise they both asked to pay for the damage to the car and I repeat to believe again it was not my fault two wild turkeys across in front of me and I was trying do not killed them and I crashed on the wood fence with the wheel car the situation becomes more interesting after a few changes of opinions the assistant asked my CC for processed a payment and after a review of this case maybe I can have the money back ???? I asked how much I should pay ? and the answer was $200. I asked how did you calculated this amount and the answer was the damage is more is better to pay this now ! I asked what are my choices if I don’t want to pay and the answer was if you don’t pay you can’t play here any more and I left ! so my opinion accidents happened and I believe this golf course is covered by a insurance policy if they are not covered get one!!! And they should take this more seriously and explained to all the.customer abound this possibility and risk and one manager should be there all the time for any reason to resolve any situation in a professional way to play here is expensive and keep the practice golf range open until there are customers on the schedule t time but the golf course is great shape and nice probably to much wind but the management need same changes of course this is only my opinion but not a good day

Commented on 05/05/2021

Dear u748878132,

Thank you for your your feedback. Unfortunately once a golf car is in your possession, you are liable for damages. These particular types of damages to carts happen enough to where the team knows the cost, and always consult a manager for clarification before charging. And for insurance coverage, property insurance deductibles exceed the cost that it would take to fix most golf cars.

As for the range being closed for maintenance, we do this weekly on Mondays. It should have been posted in the tee time notes but this will be followed up on to make sure. We discount these times to make up for the lack of range use as well.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Director of Golf

Beautiful Course ruined by terrible customer service

The course and practice facility were absolutely beautiful. One of the most well maintained courses I have played. Everything was perfect, tee boxes, fairways, bunkers and greens. I had no issues at all with the quality of the course. The reason for the one star rating was the conduct of the marshals on the course and the application of “dynamic pricing” that was unknowingly applied to our greens fees when we showed up. The price per player went up 30% on the day we played from when we actually booked it. That was about a three week period. The employee at the pro shop knocked off $20 per player but it was symbolic and not close to the price we booked at. The worst part about our experience was the marshals. For what we paid to play there we expected a nice, relaxing round of golf on a beautiful course. How wrong we were. We got off about 10 min late due to the group in front of us but kept up pace of play from there. The harassment from the marshals started around the eighth hole. We got the marshal nudge asking us to pick up the pace since they asked the group ahead to pick it up and we should be clear. By the time we got to the turn the nudges turned to threats. The marshal at the turn told us if we didn’t tee off at 10 right away then he would have to pull us from the course and wouldn’t be able to start us on the back nine for another three hours. We hustled to the 10th and found the group in front of us was still on the fairway and we couldn’t tee off or we would hit into them. The marshal’s harassment continued from hole 10 through 15 where they kept nagging at us to hurry up. It was reinforced by the constant reminders on the golf cart heads up display- it stopped showing courses and distance after a hole 12 and just showed a constant hurry up message so we lost that distance info it gave for the course. The last time the marshal yelled at us he threatened to force move us two holes ahead (skipping two) because of our slow play. Again, we get to the next tee box and the group in front of us were just completing their approach shots to the green on a short Par 4. We had offered the group behind us to play through multiple times but they were fine with our pace and said that the marshals had been rude to them as well. This is an amazing course but I won’t be back because of the “dynamic pricing” and the terrible conduct of the marshals. I hope someone at Yocha Dehe reads this and takes action to remedy this terrible customer experience

Commented on 04/26/2021

Update here- The head pro just called me and we had a very productive discussion. He was open to the feedback and more than made up for the issues we had on Saturday. Thanks very much for reaching out. I was impressed!

Fabulous

The entire experience is the best around here. I have nothing negative to say about everything in this place.

Commented on 04/28/2021

Dear Foredeo,

Thanks for playing and thank you for your kind review! Come visit again soon!

Jerry

One of the prettiest public courses I have played in Northern CA.

Commented on 04/20/2021

Thank you for your review Jerry and for playing! Let us know what we can do to earn 5 stars during your next visit!

Have a great day

Awesome Course

I played the course not long after it first opened nearly 20 years ago. When I played it recently, I was reminded of beautifully the course is laid out. The layout of the course is challenging but fair. The fairways were in excellent condition. The greens had been recently punched but were still in pretty good shape. The staff were super-friendly and helpful. The group I was added to as a single play the course often and were great to play the round with. One of my favorite rounds over the past 12 months. I am excited to go back and played again soon.

Commented on 04/13/2021

Dear u438847201,

Thank you for playing again after all of this time! Great to hear that your experience was great, and that you are coming back soon!

Thanks again and have a great day

Golf (yes)

Very friendly staff,good service,cart service on course, shuttle, be here for great golf

Commented on 03/23/2021

Ear tlda,

Thank you so much for your review and for playing! Have a wonderful Spring!

Excellent course condition

From tee to green, the course is in excellent shape. The only complaint that I have is when I first arrived, I was told that I would have to share a cart or pay an additional $20 dollars. This should have been identified on the booking site and it wasn’t. I called Golfnow and they rectified the problem so kodos to Golfnow. The cart lady (Tonya) was really nice and very pleasant demeanor. She came-by several times throughout the round to ensure we needed any snacks or drinks. So Kodos to her and the staff attendant who asked if we needed anything as well at the end of the round. I was very pleased overall.

Commented on 03/17/2021

Dear Dobster54,

Thanks so much for the review and for playing! Also awesome to hear about Tonya and the team! We are lucky to have them.

As it relates to the rider fee, we will follow up with Golfnow to ensure that this is posted as well.

Thanks so much and we hope to see you again soon!

Challenging

Course was in excellent condition considering the time of year, great drainage. It was super windy but that made for an even more challenging round. I’d have to say it’s one of the best courses in Northern California.

Commented on 03/03/2021

Dear Moto707rider,

Thank you for your kind words! We look forward to seeing you again and hopefully next time the wind will be calm!

Have a great day!

Exceeds expectations!

5 star golf track. In my top 5 favorite courses to play in Northern California. Pebble, Half Moon Bay Ocean, TPC Harding Park, Wente Vineyard and now Yocha Dehe.

Commented on 03/03/2021

Thank you for your review and for making us your new stop! Come play again soon and have a great week!

Woodland, California