Yocha Dehe Golf Club at Cache Creek Casino

Year Built 2008
Architect Brad Bell (2008)

Carts Yes - included in green fees (with GPS)

Dress code Denim, cut-off shorts, beachwear and jogging pants are not permitted.

Snacks, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Lounge, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Excellent weather

Nice day on a nice course

Overall this is a solid value. We drove 120 miles to get to the course but well worth it. Fairways and rough were in good condition but surprised the condition of most of the greens. The greens were in below average condition. Although they were moist the greens were in rough condition around the holes and need to be both cut and rolled.

The course is in a nice setting and staff were friendly and engaging. Overall, no one will leave disappointed.

Winner Winner chicken dinner !

Great set up with all the restaurants and everything you need
Once you are out here golf course is in great condition except a few repairs but they do compensate for the price
Love the deal and the greens are rolling great and the best condition now
Thank you to the staffs for working hard to keep the fairways
We appreciate you !

Commented on 09/27/2022

Dear u7326787,

Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to your return when the fairways are completely repaired. Looking like mid October!

Thanks again!

Director of Golf

Great round with my son!

I golfed with my son (his first time here) and he wasn’t disappointed! Course was amazing and it wasn’t too hot!

Commented on 09/20/2022

Dear u314162132111,

We are glad to hear that your round was great with your son! Nothing better than family golf!

Have a great day and see you soon!

Director of Golf

Course for different level of player

I love this course which was pretty challenging. Water hazards are in place. Most of the greens are guarded by sand bunkers.

Commented on 09/20/2022

Dear u314159840029,

Thank you for coming to play! We look forward to your next visit.

See you soon!

California Advisor

Course was torched

Been so hot it’s no wonder the course is torched, BUT I’ve played two “nearby” MUNIS that were in good shape that have had similar heat…green as can be. What happened Yocha?
Two or three holes were cart path only, I stopped counting how many fairways were under repair as almost every fairway was beat up compared to the green Yocha is known for…

I’d say 1/3 of the course had fairways that had 20x20 dirt patches being re-sodded about 20-30 in each fairway! Never in my entire life have I ever seen this on any course…ANY.

Is it a fungus or heat related?

Glad they have the maintenance to address the issues and they were all over the course tending to it…

Greens were rolling slow too, only 85 degrees tops outside as heat has passed thru area and rain incoming.

Anyway, one of the best layouts you can find, just beat up right now. Should be fine in a few months? Anyone rating 5 stars is not relevant today…

The experience is 5 stars, the course has been 5 stars, and I expect it to be 5 stars soon enough, just not today or even in a month…

Side note. Hole 2 is cart path only. The Marshall was on the cart path at about 280 where my drive was. We went right up to him, We entered the fairway and had to back up. He didn’t bat an eye and never said a thing. Funny actually.

Commented on 09/28/2022

Mr Foust, I appreciate the response but question a few things. First, it looked like a fungus. Those blotches are similar to what I’ve seen elsewhere. Second, if most of the course was green, how is it that certain parts were torched circles and other parts green as can be? You say the grass is sensitive but I question just that also knowing how fickle bent grass is.

I’ve played this course in it’s hottest months in the past without these issues. Are you sure it’s not too much salt in the water being used to irrigate the course or another element in the water? Are you using potable water to irrigate or reclaimed water?

Third, hole 15 left side is still dirt after over a year. The small patch that is turf should have given you answers as to its growth pattern potential to now have that hole complete if as you say you are fortunate that you are one of the only courses to be able to resod as others leave the dead spots barren.

Hole 15 is one of the more unique holes in the region and that experiment should be done by now.

Erosion is unavoidable after so many years being open, and Yocha is not immune to it.

These rings patterns are more than just heat related dying bent grass as most of the course is green and not as thirsty, as you can’t say those spots are the only bent grass on the course.

Commented on 09/27/2022

Dear bolt65,

Thank you for your comments and for playing!

Our course has unique grass for this climate, with bluegrass and rye grass mix in the fairways/roughs and bent on the greens. These are cool season grasses meant for northern climates. When the daytime temps reach 115 for nearly a week straight, these grasses completely fail, particularly at the end of a long summer. The other courses in our area have bermudagrass, which is built for the heat. The trade off is bermuda goes dormant in the winter, leaving most muni courses brown from November-March. We are literally one of the only courses anywhere that is able to replace dead spots with new turf on an annual basis, which is why you have probably not seen this practice before. Most courses either let it be dead, or utilize bermudagrass from the start. Due to being in the transition zone, it is a tossup on which grass to utilize on courses. The good news is we will be back to normal conditions by mid-October. We are in the middle of a re-sodding project and are about 50% done. Most of the course is in great shape now, but we remain cart path only to let the new sod take hold on many holes.

Hopefully this helps explain our unique situation.

Thanks so much and see you soon!

Awesome Place

Love this place. Alex and Courtney in the pro shop are super nice and welcoming!!

Commented on 08/30/2022

Thank you so much for your review! We are lucky to have both of them!

Come see us again soon.

Director of Golf

Rounds keepers standing in fairway

This is one of my favorite golf course in the area. However, with increasing frequency, rounds keepers and equipment are in the fairway well within reachable range (180-200 yards) from tee. I understand the need for the work that is being done, but for most other courses, the rounds keepers will move off the fairway while player are teeing off. Also, the bunkers are in very poor condition. Where there is sand, it is often wet with shallow sand depth. It would be nice to sit, relax and have a snack with buddies after the round on golf, but all food services often are closed around 3PM. If it wasn’t for the beauty and layout of this course I would give it a much lower rating and certainly would not recommend it to fellow golfer. Please do not allow it to go down any further.

Commented on 08/23/2022

Dear Larry4993726,

Thank you for your review and for playing Yocha Dehe Golf Club. We certainly appreciate your repeat business and comments.

We just wanted to provide some context to what you are seeing during the summer months. We have cool season grasses on property which are not suitable for this climate (July-September). Due to this, we have to hand water the fairways during the afternoon hours to ensure that we don't lose turf. Unfortunately this has been a reality since we built the course, but agree that we should do our best to be mindful of golfers while doing this. Additionally we are also feeling the staffing shortages that many businesses are feeling nationwide. With that said, we have not been able to do as many deep "spins" of our bunkers to dry them out from the summer irrigation that is required this time of year.

The restaurant is open until 6pm this time of year with the bar scheduled later. If you had an experience where the restaurant closed prior to this please let us know. We want to address this to ensure consistent service in the future.

Feel free to reach me at any time to discuss further as well.

Thanks again and we appreciate your comments!

Cart.

It was about 103 degrees 8/17(Wed) around 3:00 pm. We only could drive carpets all day long. We do if we have to but they should give us back some credits that we were playing under bad situation even though they let us cancel without penalties.

Dear Seungkook2872260,

Thank you so much for your review. Unfortunately we had a power outage and were unable to irrigate the prior night. Cart traffic would have caused irreparable damage to the course so we had to unfortunately restrict it. We had discounted all rounds 15% at check in to make up for this issue. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for playing.

Director of Golf

The staff was wonderful, Very friendly and attentive

The chef tweaked what I ordered at the golf restaurant lounge being I am a vegetarian, The servers were sweet and attentive, The condition of the course was wonderful unfortunately it was over 100° I will go back when it’s cooler

Dear u816417694,

Thanks so much for your review and for your visit. Great to hear about your food and beverage experience as well! It will start cooling down in October so see you then :)

Fun and nice course

Beautiful course with fun layout. Surprising length . Visually pretty with real fairway and 1st cut of rough that is all the same length. So the rough is a good test and fair to the golfer because it’s so consistent.

Pace of play was decent but that’s always a toss up at a busy course depending on how bad the worst foursomes are.

Please people pick up your feet when you walk on the greens. That’s really the only complaint is most greens were severely scuffed up by the foot traffic.

Dear rickd500,

Thank you so much for playing! We will continue to educate golfers about course etiquette the best that we can as it can certainly be a deterrent to conditions. We appreciate you playing our facility and look forward to your next visit!

Nice Golf Course

A very nice course to play. The sand traps were not in the best condition or else I would have given this course a 5 stars.

Dear Mobirdies65,

Thank you for your review! This time of year with cool season grasses bunkers take a hit with the heat and additional water. This can lead to additional compaction of the bunkers. We are looking at future plans to improve this reality.

Thank you for enjoying the day with us and come see us again soon!

Have a great day.

My favorite course

One of the few times that pace of play was slow. The last few rounds we were not able to order a snack from cart prior to turn. The snack ordered at the turn had to be brought out on course, which was difficult to eat while playing.

Dear Larry4993726,

Thank you for your review and for playing! We strive for 4 hour and 30 minute pace on all rounds but there can be days that present challenges. In order to keep pace up, we do at times bring food ordered at the turn out to golfers to prevent backups at the turn. We will continue to look at this and other parts of the operation to ensure future rounds are seamless.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Truly an Experience I want to have again

Yocha Dehe Review
Course is in amazing shape. The Google images are exactly what the course looks like. All the fairways are perfectly lined, the first cut was perfectly cut, and the greens were amazing.
We teed off at 8:20 am and the pace of play was perfect. We finished in just 4.5 hours. The conditions for 8:20 am were perfect and clear.
The tee boxes are in excellent condition with all the divots repaired. The greens were in great shape. They ran at a 10 on the stimpmeter and all the divot marks were repaired.
They have two food carts running on the front and back nine, which was amazing and they have bottle water on the course. This is truly an experience that I will not forget.
After the round, I left my birdie flask behind and they were quick to let me know I forgot it. Their staff definitely has integrity.
This is truly a course that is number one in the Bay Area and I will definitely be back to play and experience it again.

Dear klucches,

Great to hear and thank you for playing! Super happy that you enjoyed your day! We look forward to your next visit.

Have a great day.

Director of Golf

Always a great course but now has some issues

Played two rounds in a day. Still wonderful conditions except two areas that need more care. The main problem is the bunk: it has really firmed up w/ little sand. This forces you to hit the perfect amount of sand on tight pins. I'd advise people to avoid green side bunkers at all cost as it may blow up your scores. Please put more sand in these bunkers!

Another issue is the used-to-be immaculate greens have many repair spots after extensive play. While this is not the course's fault, it's unpleasant to see so many divots left unrepaired. Some of the holes are slightly damaged as well. So greenkeepers pls check the conditions before the start of the day.

Still enjoy my rounds but now Yocha has dropped from "perfect" to "excellent" rank.

Dear u314159682071,

Thank you for your review and for playing!

With the summer heat we tend to see side effects of cool season grasses. Both of which are mentioned above. Cool season grasses require more water which in turn gets into the bunkers causing firming up of the sand. Additionally the greens tend to get "stressed" out in the summer months where they are not able to heal as fast. July-September are some of the more challenging months for us which in turn drops us from the perfect mentioned above to excellent. Come see us again in October and we are confident that the perfect conditions you are accustomed to will return.

Thanks for your feedback and look forward to your next round!

Director of Golf

Every time I make the trip from the Bay Area it is always a special feeling to drive up to Yocha and play a magicial 18 holes. Everything about the resort screams WELCOME- the bag check, the pro shop, the starters , the cart ladies, the marshals, the free towels on hot days, the free water are all pluses for me.

The course is spotless- Well done grounds crew...

Dear justice51,

This is great to hear, and we are happy that you had such a great experience! Come see us again soon and thank you for your visit.

Woodland, California
3.6620882353
Woodland, California
Arbuckle, California
Davis, California
Saint Helena, California
NAPA, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Silverado Resort and Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Silverado Resort and Spa North & South Courses.
SONOMA, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and 1 round of golf at Sonoma Golf Club.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Hotel Kabuki and 2 rounds of golf at Harding Park & Presidio Golf Club.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA | Enjoy 4 nights’ accommodations at Fairmont San Francisco and 4 rounds of golf at TPC Harding Park, Presidio Golf Course, and Half Moon Bay Golf Links-Old & Ocean Courses.
HALF MOON BAY, CA | Enjoy 1 night's accommodation at Half Moon Bay Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Half Moon Bay Old Course & Half Moon Bay Ocean Course.