Style Links
Brasstown Valley Golf Course Resort
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1995
Architect Denis Griffiths (1995)

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Dinner 21

Great course, excellent condition

This is a great layout. Conditions were excellent. Not crowded on the Thursday we played and pace of play was great.

Great corse

Nice day and friendly, helpful staff. Got out earlier than expected through attendants attention. Very busy today as it was Members League. Were warned that greens were slow and they were.

Greens

The course was in good condition. They just punched the greens a couple weeks prior to me playing however, so the greens were like Velcro(very slow!)which is to be a little expected.I expect they will quicken w/time. But still had a great experience, and will definitely play it in the near future. Very challenging, and great vistas !

A Nice Course

My round was a day trip and not as a resort guest. Lots of rain in the AM (Thunderstorms). Course drained well with only 4 holes "cart path only"... except for 1 (par 4) and 11 (par 5) which are roped off at the cart path.
It is a "Links" style course. #1 through #18 is a straight haul with no return to the club house, so don't forget anything you need.
I didn't use the practice range or practice chipping areas. Practice putting green was in good condition.
Bunkering is fair and not often a source for collecting tee shots. Greenside bunkers are fairly placed and not much of a penalty if you have a good bunker game.
Greens hadn't been mowed due to the AM rains and were very slow, but rolled true to the perceived break. Greens are not severe in undulation and not represented well by the practice putting green regarding undulation.
This is NOT a walking course. There are several holes with up to a hundred yards+ between holes.
Many great views, streams (trout and such) and some wildlife (turkeys, geese fish and turtles, etc .).
Restrooms and water on the usual 3 hole expectation... well... water to drink anyway.

Fairways are well maintained. I played the white tees, which made the course only moderately difficult. The "tips" may be a different matter, but only due to length.

Greens were in good condition and will likely only get better after aeration marks fully heal and greens can be mowed and rolled. Course is very well maintained.

Suggest golfers go to the course web site to copy and paste by hole information on where to hit and were to avoid that accompanies each hole description on the site. I found it somewhat useful, but fromt he white tees... you can see the challenges and best landing areas.

I had a great time... played by myself... and once the 4-some in front of me let me through... I zipped around with no issues.

It's a good course. Resort also has horse trails, tennis and a moderately priced restaurant. I did not eat at the restaurant and cannot vouch for the food.

Alway fun

Always a fun course, although the day we played, it had rained heavy the night before and the wind was blowing up to 20 mph. Very challenging on this day with no roll and wind.

Best Play in Winter months

This is one very GOOD course to play in winter months because they do NOT cut the grass to short. It is great to get under the ball because of that BIG factor. you can chip all around the greens with ease. Love it ! Some courses like one in Franklin, NC - they cut it to short and you can't chip around the greens! Bad !

Great for winter golf

Had a great day playing Brasstown Valley. The fairways are bermuda, so they were dead but full. Never had the roll the ball for a good lie. The greens were a little slow but they rolled true. Was just a great day from start to finish.

We played on January 20, 2017. For the time of the year the course was in good shape. The greens rolled true and somewhat quick. I was pleased to see actual sand in the bunkers. Several course I have played lately the bunkers had minimal sand.

This is a very nice facility and I would recommend this course. The only drawback is the halfway house was not open (understandable this time of year) so you had better pack plenty of beverages and snacks.

Georgia Advisor

Good course for winter but the greens need some TLC

Let's just start by saying that Brasstown Valley itself is clearly a great resort that really cares about there guest. I stayed here for one night and the lodging was great. There are great big windows in the lobby that look over the course and the huge fireplace is a wonderful touch. The weekend that I was here they where totally packed. The two restraunts are nice and have good food. The rooms just went under renovation and look great. The staff is very freindly and the pro shop is great.

The day I played it was very cold and the wind was brutal. The frost delay was about an hour. There where two major disappointments on the day, 1 the driving range was closed for the winter which was kind of disappointing. The second bad reason was that the greens where slow probably a 5 or 6 on the Stimp.

The first three holes are over by the clubhouse but then you go under the road for most of the course near the spa. There is water in play on 10 of the holes. There are do many great holes 11 is a good par 5 and really 14 and 15 are the best. 17 is a very long par 3 I hit 3 iron from 240ish. 18 comes back to the resort but honestly I think they could have designed a better finishing hole.

After your round they reccomend that you go to Brassiers grill but there are better dining options. They forgot the sauce on my wings really? Other that incident I think it's a good sports grill if you enjoy looking a people finish there round and have an. App before the dinner in the dining room. Overall I enjoyed my stay and play and reccomend it.

Great place to play

I have played here a few times now, and have always enjoyed playing here. Fun links style course, very playable for all levels of skilled golfers. Course is always been in great shape and has always been playable. A must play if your in anywhere in Northeast Georgia worth the drive.

Even though everything is dormant at this time of year it's still a great course.

BRASSTOWN Valley Resort Golf

This course is very well kept greens are fast and true.
I highly recommend this course to all golfers that are thinking of playing this course . It is a great course well maintained.

Early November- Course in great shape

Always a pleasure to play this beautiful and challenging course.

Anonymous
Excellent weather

Great Day, Great Weather, Great Golf

Good elevation changes, tees to green course conditions were excellent though the greens hadn't been mowed in a couple of days and were slow. End of season so that makes sense I suppose with lightened staff levels. Overall a great golf day and a very nice resort. Go!

Excellent weather

Confusing Start - Good ending

Brasstown is a great course with excellent conditions on a challenging layout. My only complaint came right at the start. I had a 10:50 tee time. I was at the first tee at 10:45 and was told that my group had already gone. The starter said that he "couldn't find me" and so he sent them out. He first suggested that I rush out to the second hole to catch up with them, then wanted me to tee off between two foursomes on the first hole. I chose I'd go out to the second, and so he rush me out to the middle of the fairway to get started. Come to find out he did the same to another player in the group. Once I got settled down I enjoyed the rest of the round, but my score certainly represented the rushed start.. If you are not going to honor your tee times, don't make them.

Wow. Amazing Mtn Course

I'm a single digits handicapper and play all over the USA. This is by far a 5 star course and resort to boot. Take the extra drive to play this course. Moutta in view is breathtaking. Layout is challenging yet wide for higher handicappers. The bent greens are immaculate. The driving range is a bit small but the range balls are free. If you get a chance to stay at the resort they throw in golf for free. Definitively worth my drive from Helen, GA. Nothing compares to it. A+

Hayesville, North Carolina