Thistle Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Greens TifEagle Bermuda Grass
Architect Tim Cate (1999)

Bar

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 15

Commented on 09/27/2022

Hi, u314163209369. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course!

Awesome track

Greens were great course was great. Just a wonderful golf day

Commented on 09/27/2022

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course.

Golfboy

Excellent golf course. Great condition. Greens and fairways well maintained. Courtesy cart with beverages and snacks rotated thru the course. Staff was exceptional!

Commented on 09/21/2022

Hello, u000005856220. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course.

Thistle Mania

Spectacular Coarse and great club house. Would highly recommend this golf experience to all.

Commented on 09/20/2022

Your feedback is important to us, u643326273. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course.

Commented on 09/27/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course!

One of the best in the MB area

Great course. Perfect conditions. Best fairways in MB area.

Commented on 09/20/2022

Hello, u314161074069. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course!

Beware of management rain-out policy!!!

I have played the course three times. Loved the course but hate the management policies. I had a rain-out while playing the course the second time. Most courses would have give me a 18 hole or 9 hole rain check with no expiration date based on how many holes I played. They divided my pre tax rate by 18 to get a per hole rate. Then they multiplied the per hole rate by the number of holes I didn't get to play. In my case that was 8 holes. I then got a credit for that amount. The problem is the credit is good for only 12 months. I don't live in the Myrtle Beach area. When I was back to play the course it was after 12 months so my credit was worthless. I don't remember if they told me of the 12 month limit. Again, most courses I play in the MB area would have given me a rain check with no expiration date. Thistle gives you an option to spend your credit on their over priced merchandise. But most likely you will have to spend more money if you want to buy something like a shirt. For an upper level golf club, their management treats you like you are at a bargain basement course.

Commented on 08/23/2022

Hi, Pittman1973,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us.

We apologize for any confusion regarding our raincheck policies. Our goal in implementing these policies is to make our golfers happy by providing the value of any unplayed holes as a credit that can be used towards golf, at the pub, or in our golf shop. Please give our pro shop staff a call if you have any additional questions and we would be happy to answer them for you.

Thank you for visiting Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Great birthday present

Played on my 60th birthday and shot 73. Couple of eagles made the day. Course was great and very playable. Greens were faster than they appeared which was fine once we got used to them. Very nice staff. Made you feel welcome. Definitely play it again and hopefully score as well.

Commented on 08/19/2022

Hi, RandalB610. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible birthday with us, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course.

Great course in great condition!

The facilities are top notch and there is no shortage of helpful “old golf guys in purple shirts” hanging around to assist you. The course was in great shape. Tee boxes were well groomed. Fairways were in great shape, never had a bad lie. The greens rolled true and the speed was perfect for my game. I’d play here four times a week if I had the time and money. No regrets choosing this track.

Commented on 08/18/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, u314162715586! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course.

Thistle

Great resort course. Difficult approach shots, but wide faairways and easy to keep in play. Great conditions tee through green

Commented on 09/27/2022

Hello, u092335306. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course!

Great resort course. Excellent conditionsz. Generally wide open for driving but challenging approach shots

Commented on 08/12/2022

Hello, u092335306. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 08/12/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u000005709722. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course!

Awesome Course

Thistle is one of the nicest courses in Brunswick County. It seems a little pricy to me considering some of the courses around it are almost as nice and in as good a shape and are appropriately priced. With that being said the layout, Tee Boxes, Fairways & Greens were terrific. Pace of play was great. Bag-Drop personnel, Starter and Pro shop personnel were top notch. Will definitely be back.

Commented on 08/10/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, u000005709722! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course.

Commented on 08/03/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000001132562! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course!

Commented on 08/01/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, chrisstetler! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course!

Worth it

Gorgeous course, thankfully came about 2.5 weeks after they aerated and the greens were great! Fast though! Only negative response I have was that we almost felt rushed to match their pace of play; even when the group ahead would still be on the green it would turn yellow as if it was our fault. Overall absolutely satisfied with my round! Hope to play again next summer.

Commented on 07/25/2022

Hello, Matt2352263. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course!

Commented on 07/15/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, kcschneider2! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course!

Second time this week, great course, great people

Played Stewart and then Mackay. Truly a fun course but a second time around reminded me how challenging the track is. But despite the challenge, something to respect is that regardless where your ball lies, you're not having to move it or alter your lie due to course conditions, even after 3" of rain in the last 2 days. I don't recall feeling any soft spots, even in the rough. A few select bunkers had standing water (perhaps 2 total), but all the ones I hit in did not have standing water and were well-playable. Greens, despite seeming to have been punched within the last week or two, were recovering incredibly well and were starting to roll at a level proportionate to the cost of the round. Would really love to play the course with greens dialed up for tournament play to truly appreciate the contours. Staff were friendly, pace was great. I think we finished our round in 4 hours or less, which is great for a 3 some all with mid to high handicappers. Fun to putt on bermuda having been used to bentgrass for a long time, especially immaculate bermuda. I'll be back again.

Commented on 07/14/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, u5770608! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course.

Great Course, Rude Staff

Awesome course layout. Greens were either aerated or not cut/rolled that day, which made putting almost a waste of time. Bunkers are fun, most tee boxes in good shape except those in the shade. Staff was as rude as others had indicated. Standing in the area of the bag drop it was confusing when I was supposed to get in a golf cart and one person in particular yelled at me for taking a cart to the marshall, which admittedly I did do but only after being 15 minutes late on my tee time and nobody having given me instructions on how to start my round. Chipping area was very cheap. Driving range was trying to be fantastic but I'm guessing this place gets used and abused all the time. Anyway, remove the rude staff, and put more time into the driving range and chipping area (perhaps half as much attention as they did into the practice putting area), and you have an amazing course.

Commented on 07/11/2022

Hi, u5770608. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are sorry to hear your experience was not up to par. We understand that folks often have a difficult time understanding a triple tee with 27 holes and are not used to receiving services such as staff loading bags when it’s their time to be loaded. It’s especially challenging when you have groups as they are used to all jumping on their carts and heading to their tee. We are working on the best ways to communicate this to our guests as they arrive. Thanks for playing and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Fantastic

Even after a tropical storm had dumped lots of rain the days prior the course was still in great shape. Kudos to the maintenance staff. Other courses within a couple miles were horrible.

Commented on 07/12/2022

Hello, Achoplin. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course!

Sunset Beach, North Carolina
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy up to 5 nights' accommodations at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa and and up to 4 rounds of golf at Palmetto Dunes Golf Club (Fazio, Hills & Jones Courses) and the Country Club of Hilton Head.