Thistle Golf Club

Greens TifEagle Bermuda Grass
Architect Tim Cate (1999)

Bar

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2020 #13) (2016 #1) (2015 #9)
  • Golf Advisor: Golfers' Choice (2016 #14)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Course Conditions in the U.S. (2016 #6)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2016 #14)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Layout in the U.S. (2016 #11)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 15

Great layout very crowded and still flowed well greens roll well

Commented on 04/15/2021

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Thistle Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 04/15/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Thistle Golf Club!

Anonymous
Commented on 04/12/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Thistle Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Cameron-Stewart

Thought greens were bumpy and group in front was very slow which was made worse due to lack of a Ranger. Great course I would definitely recommend

Commented on 03/31/2021

Hi, thank you for leaving us a review. We apologize for the experience you had with us and we would appreciate it if you would reach out to Brian from the course at (910) 444-2500 to review your experience and let us know when you played. Thank you!

Beautiful but challenging

Gorgeous course and layout. A must play for the passionate golfer. Greens had multiple levels that can be challenging but the pin placements were fair.

Commented on 03/31/2021

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Thistle Golf Club!

Good Value

For the time of year the course and greens are in great shape. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Totally recommend this golf course. Will return!

Commented on 03/31/2021

Thank you for your kind words and for your 5 star rating! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Thistle Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 03/31/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Thistle Golf Club! We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

My first time using golfnow since April 2020 due to pandemic. Course was in perfect condition. Played with two others also using golfnow. Very enjoyable round. Would go back again. Beautiful course.

Commented on 03/31/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Thistle Golf Club!

We played this twice and were able to play all three 9’s. It was early spring in MB (March) so the fairways were over seeded as were the greens. Rough had not greened up yet and greens were still coming in. The most interesting 9 is Stewart and MacKay probably had the best conditions, but Cameron is also very nice. Greens all rolled true but Stewart was still coming in. Bunkers were fair with good sand and kept up nicely. I was in a few too many of them.

The overall course is fantastic. Stewart has a really fun par 5, played the blues and drove over the water on the 4th hole a par 5. Really fun hole that is fun risk reward if you drive the 230yd carry over water. The par 3s from the blues were all 170 and we had a fair amount of wind against us on each par 3 it seemed. Lots of water but not too many forced carries. Really great layout and each 9 is unique. The clubhouse is fantastic and the carts have the most plush seats I have ever sat in. Practice area is good with the exception of the chipping green which is tiny but serviceable. Staff are super helpful and an asset to the facility. We did not go into the pub, but the clubhouse is spectacular and would be fun to grab a drink in with buddies after the round. Absolutely play this course when in MB.

Commented on 03/31/2021

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Thistle Golf Club!

Awesome experience!

We had a blast playing all 3 courses! 27 of the most enjoyable holes of golf I have played.
The staff was great and very friendly! We had lunch at the clubhouse after 18 holes and our food/beer hit the spot!
The course was very well maintained, the carts were very nice, and the experience was overall amazing!

Commented on 03/31/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course!

helluva time

Cannot say enough about my time spent @ Thistle! Played all 27 holes and had an absolute ball. Yeah, Mackay kicked my butt but I enjoyed it even still thanks to the gorgeous grounds and just incredible views!

Every interaction I had with workers was warm and sincere which is such a relief given the times. Gotta shout out the guy at cart return for chatting us up about baseball and Chicago, two of my favorite things! Also made multiple trips to the clubhouse for food and was not disappointed, grill was fantastic!

Overall this was easily the best golf experience I've had when visiting Myrtle and I cannot recommend Thistle enough!

Commented on 04/01/2021

Wow, what an experience!

Had an amazing time playing all 27 holes. Everyone involved made sure we had an amazing experience from the clubhouse staff, restaurant staff, starter, on course vendor, to the guy cleaning your clubs at the cart return. Really friendly atmosphere.

The course was in great shape. The fairways were green and the greens were soft and fast. All 27 holes provided their own unique challenge, but the wasn’t a single hole on the course that didn’t have a great view.

Great course located near the North and South Carolina’s boarder on the coast. I would absolutely recommend this course, whether you’re playing 9, 18, or all 27 you are in for a treat!

Commented on 03/31/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course!

Top Choice Near Myrtle Beach

While staying in North Myrtle for the weekend we made the short trip to Thistle Golf Club. We played all 3 9's and each were in great shape.

The staff was very accommodating, and made our time there stress free. After 18 we stopped in for lunch and the food was great too. I'll definitely be back.

I highly recommend this be your go-to course if you're staying around Myrtle Beach.

Commented on 03/31/2021

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 03/31/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course!

Commented on 03/31/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Thistle Golf Club - Cameron Course.

Much improved since last time!

The opportunity to play Thistle Golf Club again was worth the risk of not being satisfied, as was the case 14 months ago when I first played there. Bravo for the changes implemented, if any. or perhaps just a change in attitude. Maybe there was a realization that all customers are to be cherished. Today's round in the slight rain shower coming down was an awesome time at Thistle. The friendliness of the bag drop staff and ranger was far superior to the condescending attitudes of the first visit. The pro shop was attentive and polite. The course was in great shape. The sun even briefly came out upon my arrival at the course. What an absolutely beautiful course with such an interesting assortment of holes! I'll play again and bring my friends when they visit. Thank you for listening. I'll give you credit for today's experience.

Commented on 04/12/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Thistle Golf Club!

Calabash, North Carolina